Monday 19 December 2011

Living Places...

One of my colleagues asked me this question - Where was Jesus born? The actual place, not the "Place". Each gave one one answer. One friend said "Its Cow House". We both started the hunt of finding the term for the living place of cow. Finally found "Stable". Though we were familiar with the term, during the moment, we forgot it. Just to freshen up the mind, I searched for the other living places' terms. Here I found the list...

Ant - Hill or Formicary
Badger - Sett
Bat - Roost, Cave
Bear - Den
Beaver - Lodge
Bee - Hive
Bird - Nest
Bird of Prey - Eyrie
Cat - Cattery, Lair, Den
Cattle - Barn, Byre, Pasture, Stable
Chicken - Coop, Run
Dog - Kennel
Fox - Earth, Den, Hole, Lair
Hare - Form
Horse - Paddock, Stable, Stall, Stud
Lion - Den
Mole - Burrow, Fortress, Tunnel
Otter - Holt, Ledge
Pig - Pen, Sty
Rabbit - Warren, Burrow, Cony-garth, Hutch
Sheep - Fold, Pen
Snake - Nest
Spider - Web
Squirrel - Drey
Termite - Mound
Tiger - Lair
Wasp - Nest, Vespiary
Wolf - Lair, Den

I hope it will be useful for me to teach my Son... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment